Profile Here.. P. V. Sindhu Hyderabad, India DOB – 5th July 1995 Event – Badminton Singles
P.V. Sindhu is another Badminton sensation in India and will be competing in her maiden Olympics at Rio 2016. Sindhu, daughter of former International Volleyball player and 1986 Asian Games bronze Medallist PV Ramana, has cracked top 10 in the World Rankings. She became the first Indian female singles player to win a medal at the World Championships in China in 2013. She beat top Chinese shuttlers Yihan Wang and Shixian Wang to reach the semi-finals and win the Bronze medal. She repeated this feat at the 2014 World Championships in Denmark becoming the first Indian to win 2 world championship medals. She has also won Macau Open GPG three times in a row and also won the Malaysia Masters GPG 2015.
Sindhu, who trains at the Gopichand Academy in Hyderabad, won bronze medal in the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and bronze medal in the team event at the Asian Games 2014 in Incheon. She reached the semi-finals of the Indian Super Series in Delhi in April 2013 and then went on to win the Malaysian Grand Prix Gold. She reached the semi-finals of China Masters 2012, where she defeated London 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist Li Xuerui in the quarter-finals. She finished 2012 on a great note by finishing runner-up in the Syed Modi Indian Golden Grand Prix in Lucknow in 2012. She also won a bronze medal at the U-19 Asian Championships held at Lucknow in 2011. She scalped many higher ranked player in the process and this has elevated her world rankings to under 20 in such a short time. That she won two senior national ranking tournaments in 2011 was just a sign of Sindhu getting ready for the senior circuit.
She is also a bronze medal winner in the Junior Asian Championship held at Colombo in 2010. She followed it up with runners up finish at the Iran Fajr International tournament where she defeated much higher ranked players. She also reached the quarterfinals of the Junior World championship that was held at Malaysia in 2010. She was also the youngest member of the squad that reached the quarterfinals of the Uber Cup in 2010. She also won the Under-19 National Juniors in 2010 where incredibly she did not drop even a single set. She finished 2010 in style by winning a bronze medal at the Indian Grand Prix at Hyderabad.
Interestingly, Sindhu’s parents are both Volleyball players. But she never showed interest in the game. Instead she set her eyes on Badminton. “She showed passion for Badminton when she first held the racket at a very young age. Since then she has not looked back,” said a proud father Ramana.
Surely, she is an exciting prospect for Indian Badminton and she has what it takes to become an Olympic champion.
– Winner, Malaysia Masters GPG, Penang, 2015
– Winner, Macau Open GPG, 2015
– Bronze (Team) – Asian Games 2014, Incheon
– Bronze – World Championships 2014, Denmark
– Bronze – Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014
– Bronze – World Championships 2013, China
– Winner, Malaysian Grand Prix Gold, Kuala Lumpur, 2013
– Semi-finalist, Indian Open Super Series, New Delhi, 2013
– Runner Up, Syed Modi Indian Grand Prix Gold, Lucknow, 2012
– Semi-Finalist, China Masters Super Series, Changzhou, 2012
– Winner, Asian Junior Championships, Gimcheon, 2012
– Semi-Finalist, Malaysian Grand Prix Gold, Malaysia, 2012
– Winner, Tata Open International Challenge, Mumbai, 2011
– Winner, Swiss International Challenge, Bern, 2011
– Runner up, Dutch Open Grand Prix, Almere, 2011
– Winner, Commonwealth Youth Games, Isle of Man, 2011
– Winner, Indonesia International Challenge, Surabaya, 2011
– Winner, Maldives International Challenge, Maldives, 2011
– Bronze Medalist, Asian U-19 Championships, Lucknow, 2011
– Winner, Junior International Challenge, Pune, 2011
– Winner, All India Senior Ranking Tournament, Atul, 2011
– Semi-Finalist, Indian Grand Prix, Hyderabad, 2010
– Winner, 35th National Junior (U-19) Championships, Pondicherry, 2010
– Runner Up, Doubles, 35th National Junior (U-19) Championships, Pondicherry, 2010
– Bronze Medalist, Doubles, ANA Badminton Asia Youth U17, Chiba, Japan, 2010
– Quarter-finalist, Uber Cup, Malaysia, 2010
– Quarter-finalist, Junior World Championship, Malaysia, 2010
– Runner up, Iran Fajr International Tournament, Iran, 2010
– Bronze Medalist, Sub Junior Asian Badminton Championships, Colombo, 2009
– Winner, Nationals Ranking Tournaments, Hyderabad, 2009
– Runner up, Sub Junior Nationals, Patna, 2008
– Winner, Singles and Doubles, Under-13 Sub Junior Nationals, Dehradun, 2007
More Source Here : P-V-Sindhu